About the Coalition
With the help of our community partners, the Northwest Arkansas Tobacco-Free Coalition (NWATFC) is working to reduce the tobacco burden in Arkansas. The NWATFC serves Benton County and Washington County residents by:
- eliminating the exposure to secondhand smoke
- reducing tobacco advertising that targets our youth
- reducing youth access to tobacco products
- addressing tobacco-related health disparities
- linking people to local tobacco cessation programs
Our coalition is a community-based grant program made available through the Arkansas Department of Health’s Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Program (TPCP) and falls under the direction of the Arkansas Department of Health. The foundation of our work is based on the Center for Disease Control’s Best Practices for Comprehensive Tobacco Control Programs.